Tuesday, September 29, 2009

vaccines, Sherri J Tenpenny

The presentation of this DVD was very much like going back to nursing school: very dry, and informative. I wish I would have had this video when I wrote my last paper in nursing school on vaccines. At the time I gave them a glowing recommendation. However, having been in the field a few years, and having done a little more research I can't give them a the 100% recommendation I gave before. The amount of information from the pro and anti vaccination camps can be confusing to anyone. I can't tell you (nor should I) what is best for you and your family. What I can tell you is that you have to do your own research and check every fact. Remember, all healthcare decisons need to be an informed decision. One can only do this when they hear the benefits vs. the risks of any decision. I personally read all the handouts I had available to me at the clinic I worked at. Needless to say I was not impressed by them. I found them grossly incomplete when listing potential risks. If your considering whether to vaccinate or not to vaccinate you need to make an informed decision. This DVD is a good place to start. However, you really do need to obtain information from both sides. Then and only then can you truly make an informed decision. Please do your research.

As a side note I brought my child in to get his 12 month child check. The clinic I went to just wanted me to sign a form getting the vaccinations (a limited amount of vaccines as a compromise between my wife and myself). No handouts, no benefits vs. risks. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Even though I feel the information sheets are grossly inadequate the healthcare providers office should allow you to read them and ask questions, and this should be done prior to vaccination.

No comments: